Fosters are special people and families who care for needy pets until they find their forever homes. JCAPL rescues, rehabilitates, spays/neuters, fosters, and adopts-out over 350 cats and 250 dogs each year. Without a shelter, fosters are the foundation of our organization; JCAPL would not be able to operate without them.
Fostering Saves Lives. Become a Foster Today!
- Medical and behavioral evaluation prior to placing the pet in a foster home.
- Food for foster animals, dishes, leashes/collars for dogs, crates if needed, litter for cats, etc
- Vaccines up-to-date, deworming, flea prevention, heartworm prevention, and spay/neuter surgeries.
- FREE Behavioral Assessments, and training classes for foster family, and pet
Foster families provide:
- Daily care, and a start on training, to help the foster animal become a welcome family member.
- Attendance at adoption events.
- Transportation of the foster pet to scheduled vet appointments for vaccinations, spay/neuter surgery, check-ups, and post-operative care.
- Regular communication with JCAPL Board Members; provide updates, request supplies, services, medicines, etc
Read some of our Foster Stories
Interested in becoming a Foster? Complete a Foster Application to begin the process.